This is a 2 step process. Setting up the LivePerson campaign and then inserting the code into survey/notification.
Step 1 is done on the LiveEngage Platform and Step 2 is done on our platform.
Step1: Setting up the LivePerson campaign
There are two choices for setting up a campaign on the LiveEngage platform.
- Floating Chat button
To use a floating Chat button create an Engagement of type Sticky Chat Banner. For example
This button will overlay the core realtime survey (typically on the right hand side edge) but will not prevent the customer from scrolling or interacting with the survey
- Embedded chat button/link
To use an embedded Chat button/link create an Engagement of type Embedded Chat Banner or a HTML Engagement. For example
When creating the engagement, make sure to set/note the Engagement element ID in the box at the top right of the engagement editor. You must match this with the DIV id entered into the core realtime Survey widget below. For this example the id is “lpChatHere”
Obtaining the LivePerson Monitor Tag code.
- Login to the LiveEngage console
- Click on the drop-down arrow at the end of your username at the top-right of the console
- Click on the “LiveEngage Tag” menu item.
Your unique LiveEngage Monitor Tag will be displayed.
Step2: Inserting it into a Survey or Notification
- Open the Campaign Manager for the campaign you wish to add a LivePerson chat
- Click ‘Design’
- Drag a message/instruction widget from the right hand side into the phone in the centre of the designer
- Click the message/instruction widget when it’s in phone. This will pop-open a dialog for you to insert text.
- Add text (3 periods and <br />)
(This is optional but will allow you to re-edit the content as the three dots will show in the core realtime designer)
<!-- BEGIN LivePerson Monitor. -->
<!-- END LivePerson Monitor. -->
At this point, you have enough to display a LiveEngage floating button on your survey landing page. It is not enough, however, to identify which core realtime campaign the chat originated from or to embed a chat button into the survey.
- In order to embed the chat button into the body of the survey, add the text:
<DIV id="lpChatHere" align="center"></DIV>
- To allow multiple different core realtime campaigns to offer LiveEngage chat, and to be able to route or handle them differently on the LiveEngage side, it is necessary to also send through a Section identifier. This should be unique across your core realtime campaigns and not match any Section identifiers you may already have on your website.
It is also good practice to send some additional information for reporting purposes so that the campaigns can be identified – we suggest using the Marketing Referral (mrktInfo) object to pass this information. To add a Section identifier together with the mrktInfo object, add the text:
<!-- BEGIN Pass CoreRealtime Campaign Info. -->
lpTag.section = [ "cr-campaignId", "cr-survey"]; // Can be just one, or multiple section identifiers
lpTag.sdes = lpTag.sdes||;
"channel": "7", //ORIGINATING CHANNEL ENUM:
// 0-Direct, 1-Search, 2-Social, 3-Email, 4-Referral, 5-Paid Search, 6-Display, 7-CoreRealtime
"affiliate": "CoreRealtime", //AFFILIATE NAME
"campaignId": "cr-campaignId" //EXTERNAL ORIGINATING CAMPAIGN
<!-- END Pass CoreRealtime Campaign Info -->
The lpTag.section, and channel, affiliate and campaignId field identifiers must be used as shown. The values on the right can be changed as required.
- Press save when you are happy the changes.
When you send a Survey or Notification you’ll now be able to offer a LivePerson Chat.